Capital Machinery Purchasing Manager
QUIKRETE®, the nation's leader in the manufacture, sale and distribution of packaged cement and
is seeking a full time Capital Machinery Purchasing Manager at our corporate engineering office in
Lawrenceville, GA. The position will require managing the purchasing activities for the engineering department
and developing sourcing strategies to achieve the best and lowest cost structure for the standard equipment
systems purchased. This position will involve developing a total program to push savings and combat inflationary
issues within the capital equipment supply chain. This will mean working and communicating effectively with
Engineering & Operations and the large plant system within QUIKRETE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively manage and maintain a supply of materials in an efficient and cost-effective way to ensure
proper supply and avoid disruptions.
- Develop a strategy to best negotiate with supplier base.
- Manage and develop direct report - review departments work and reports to monitor and continue to drive
improvement within all areas
- Develop best system for monitoring equipment delivery schedules with vendors.
- Carry out sourcing and planning to support new plant construction.
- Develop reporting to illustrate accurate costing data as well as comparative benchmarks.
- Evaluate freight options to ensure utilization of the most cost effective method for transportation.
- Execute directives and goals assigned by the Vice President of Engineering.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Business / Supply Chain Management is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing / Supply Chain position is required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with capital equipment such as pollution control, robotics, bagging
electrical components is a plus.
- Must have the ability to supervise the work of others.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Proven experience in managing purchasing plans and purchases for multiple locations is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Good analytical skills and ability to change course as demand fluctuations arise.
- Strong communication skills and customer service ethics with plant operations personnel needed.
We are located at our Corporate Engineering Office in Lawrenceville, GA.
Send your resume to email@example.com