Come work as a Human Resource Manager at a stable and growing company that offers great benefits, work life balance, and opportunities for advancement.
Founded in 1940 in Columbus, Ohio, The QUIKRETE® Companies is the largest manufacturer of packaged concrete and cement mixes in North America, and an innovative leader in the building and home improvement industries. In addition, QUIKRETE® offers related products through numerous wholly-owned subsidiaries and operates around 280 facilities in the U.S. and Canada, allowing for unsurpassed distribution and product depth. Technical centers across the QUIKRETE®® network also ensure that professionals and DIY consumers alike are provided with the most innovative and highest quality products available on the market.
We are looking for a full time Human Resource manager for our Quikrete Division.
The HR Manager will have regional responsibility for all day to day HR Generalist duties for our Quikrete Division. This role will be responsible for the delivery and execution of HR for this division.
Facilitates and leads local talent acquisition activity including making recommendations on candidates and ensures compliance to Talent Acquisition process and Talent Acquisition best practices.
- Base line benefits knowledge to support facilities during open enrollment and rollout of plan changes.
- Partners with local management to ensure execution of programs that support development of positive employee relations and culture supportive of Quikrete’s values & behaviors.
- Directly involved in employee coaching, counseling, and termination discussions as both an employee advocate as well as a business partner.
- Works with leaders during goal setting, performance and review process, and merit and reward process.
- Improves leader and contributor performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating potential solutions, implementing selected solutions, in a proactive fashion, before problems result in escalation and decreased employee engagement.
- Ensures local compliance to federal, state and local legal requirements including NLRA, ADA, FMLA, AA/EEO Compliance, FLSA and local UI process and procedures.
- Acts as council to broad range of employees on broad range of issues exercises sound judgment in elevating and recommending actions in which systemic issues persist.
- Engages in all levels of business throughout region to be focal point for pulse of the employee and advice of upcoming issues and landmines when working on strategic initiatives.
- Works in collaboration with Peer generalists to raise issues to support development of on-going HR programs and strategies.
- Be available to assist team leaders in planning and directing activities explaining and implementing decisions, and resolving significant issues involving team members.
- Demonstrates ability for critical thinking to assist leaders in decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment.
- Highly developed personal, analytical and communication skills.
- Compiles and analyzes information, and research and develop solutions to workplace issues.
- This role comes with a high level of judgment on behalf of the organization. While not responsible for strategic and systemic processes and procedures, role will have a key influence in outcomes.
None – this role is responsible for the leadership development of employees at all skill levels.
- Well versed/knowledgeable of FLSA, NLRA, EEOC, ADA, FMLA practices and policies, and legal exposures
- Basic understanding of US benefits programs operations and legal watch outs
- Competent with Behavioral Based Interviewing Skills at level that can train others
- Basic level of financial acumen; understands how decisions impact a P & L statement.
- Conflict resolution – fully comfortable engaging in any topic of conversation at any time. Has ability to steer conversations to desired outcomes for both employee and organization.
- Persuasion – Is able to use articulation of desired outcomes as basis for aligning expectations for desired outcomes.
- Coaching – skilled/developed interpersonal savvy in which can coach without transition in counseling.
- Counseling – Can direct critical employment discussions clearly and calmly with all levels of organization clearly outlining and setting goals, outcomes, and employment outcomes provided execution of employee
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar
- 7-10+ years of experience with continual increasing responsibilities.
- Fundamental knowledge of MS Office with good Excel skills
- Highly self-motivated, energetic and dependable
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Critical thinking with a drive for process improvement
- Work cross-functionally with all layers of the organization
- Skilled in preparing and/or presenting reports and data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Analytical, strategic, strong communication, organized
- Ability to multitask, detail oriented, and flexible
DESIRED SKILLS & Experience
We are located in the King and Queen building in Sandy Springs, GA.
Send your resume to email@example.com