Save The Endangered Mailbox is a contest being facilitated by The QUIKRETE® Companies that will recognize three people for the best mailbox makeovers. Each winner will be awarded a monetary prize and be promoted by The QUIKRETE® Companies.
Save The Endangered Mailbox FAQ
Who is eligible to enter?
- Anyone that is not an employee of The QUIKRETE® Companies or a company owned by The QUIKRETE® Companies can enter the contest
What can I win?
- The QUIKRETE® Companies will award the first place winner $1,000, the second place winner $700, and the third placed winner $300.
What is the deadline for entering?
- All mailbox makeover “before” and “after” photos must be posted on the QUIKRETE Facebook page by Sunday, May 5 at 11:59:00 ET for consideration.
How do I enter?
- Submit a photo of your mailbox “before” the makeover and a photo of your mailbox “after” the makeover with a brief description on the QUIKRETE Facebook page. Refer to the submission guidelines below for photo and description specifications. Remember that your entry will be viewable on the QUIKRETE Facebook page, so don't include information that you do not want to be made public.
Does my mailbox makeover require the use of a QUIKRETE product?
- Yes. A QUIKRETE product must be used in some manner on your mailbox makeover to be eligible to win. With that in mind, the QUIKRETE product(s) used on your mailbox makeover must by visible in the “after” photo submitted on the QUIKRETE Facebook page.
If I’d like to have my entry removed from the QUIKRETE Facebook page, what can I do?
How do I know if my entry has been received?
- The before and after photos of your mailbox makeover will be viewable on the QUIKRETE Facebook page confirming your entry.
How are the winners determined?
- The three entries that receive the most “likes” on the QUIKRETE Facebook page will be award first, second and third prize, respectively.
How can I increase my chances of winning?
- Encourage others to “like” your mailbox makeover on the QUIKRETE Facebook page by sharing on your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and blog. You should also be sure to “like” your own entry!
How will winners be notified?
- On Monday, May 13, 2013, the three winners will be announced on the QUIKRETE Facebook page with directions on collecting their prize.
Will the winners have any obligations to The QUIKRETE® Companies following the contest?
- Yes. All winners agree that The QUIKRETE® Companies can publicize their involvement in the contest through press releases, advertisements, website and social media posts, newsletters, and other internal and external marketing vehicles.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about the contest.
The QUIKRETE® Companies
“Save The Endangered Mailbox” Contest
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. “Save The Endangered Mailbox” Contests (“Contest”) begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on April 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 5, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The computer clock of The QUIKRETE® Companies (“Sponsor”) is the official time-keeping device in the Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor (defined below) at the address listed below and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting the prize winners or if the user opts in to receive more information.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time the Contest begins. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, Contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
The Contest will consist of three (3) phases, as detailed below:
- Entry Period – Begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on April 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 5, 2013
- Determining Winners – Begins at 12:00:00 AM ET on May 6, 2013 and ends at 1:59:59 PM ET on May 13, 2013
- Winner will be Notified on or about – May 13, 2013
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN CONTEST: You may enter the Contest 9:00:00 AM ET on April 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 5, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). LIMIT one (1) entry per person and per email address for the length of the Entry Period. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to enter more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor.
TO ENTER CONTEST: During the Entry Period, visit the QUIKRETE Facebook page (“Sponsor Facebook”) and post the required photographs and description. As part of the requirements, you are required to upload the following: one (1) photo of the mailbox before the project makeover; one (1) photo of the mailbox after the makeover featuring at least one Sponsor product; and one (1) mailbox makeover project description.
REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES:
“Photo of your Project” Requirements:
- File Formats: .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF
- File Size: between 3 MB to 5 MB per photo
- Word Limit: Maximum of 50 words
Contest Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
By submitting a Contest Entry, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her photos are original to the entrant, that the Contest Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards, and that neither it nor its contents infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Contest Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may receive other Contest Entries under this Contest that may be similar or identical to the Contest Entry submitted by entrant, and entrant waives any and all claims he/she may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any other Contest Entry reviewed and/or used by Sponsor may be similar to his/her Contest Entry.
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted contest entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- Contains any individual other than the entrant and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law.
All Contest Entries submitted may be posted on the publicly accessible Sponsor Website and Sponsor Facebook during and following the Contest, and that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Entrants agree that they will not use the Contest Entry in conjunction with any other contest during the Contest Period without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
Company names, trademarks and any other copyrighted materials (collectively, “Third Party Intellectual Property”) may not be included in any Entry submitted. Any Entry submitted with any Third Party Intellectual Property may be disqualified if such use is deemed impermissible or illegal, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. By submitting an Entry, the Entrant: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services without further permission, consideration or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that the Entry is 100% the original creation/work by the entrant and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certifies that Entrant is the creator and sole copyright owner of the Entry;
- DETERMINING WINNERS: At the end of the Entry Period, Sponsor will tally the number of “likes,” which are viewable to the public that each Contest Entry received during the Contest Period on the Sponsor Facebook. On May 13, 2013, Sponsor will announce the first place winner, second place winner and third place winner based on the greatest number of “likes,” respectively on Sponsor Facebook and Sponsor Website.
- CONTEST PRIZES: One (1) First Place Prize will be awarded for $1,000. One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded for $700. One (1) Third Place Prize will be awarded for $300.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All three winners will be notified via Sponsor Facebook and Sponsor Website on May 13, 2013 with direction to contact Sponsor at email@example.com for prize fulfillment. The three winners have until 11:59:59 PM ET on May 19, 2013 to contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim their prize by 11:59:59 PM ET on May 19, 2013, the Contest Entry with next most “likes” on Sponsor Facebook has the opportunity to claim prize. The Contest winners will be sent, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release and an IRS W9 Form. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Sponsor within three (3) days of date of issuance. The winner then and only then becomes officially the winner (“Official Winner”) and awarded their monetary prize. If such official winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the Official Winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining Contest Entries by Sponsor based on the next greatest number of “likes” on Sponsor Facebook. Each Official Winner grants Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state of residence online in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to take photographs and/or video of the Prize Winner, and use Prize Winner's name and likeness for any and all advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All decisions of the judges and Sponsor shall be binding and final. The Sponsor do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Contest caused by circumstance or other unforeseen events outside of the control of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
- PRIZE AWARDING: No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prize, transfer or assignment of prize (or portion thereof) permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a Prize Winner will be forfeited. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Entrants or Participants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, Entrants and Participants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and the respective officers, directors and employees of each, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Sponsor be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants and Participants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Contest materials. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Contest, the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of prize winners, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
- TAX INFORMATION: All applicable federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Georgia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s and Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
SPONSOR: The QUIKRETE® Companies, One Securities Centre, 3490 Piedmont Road, Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30305